PRIVATE EQUITY FINDINGS SYMPOSIUM 2012 #CIPE2012
- 28 May 2012 08:00 - 29 May 2012 18:00
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
PRIVATE EQUITY FINDINGS SYMPOSIUM
PRIVATE EQUITY: A MARATHON OR A SPRINT
The Coller Institute of Private Equity cordially invites you to its fifth annual Private Equity Findings Symposium on 28 and 29 May 2012.
The Symposium is the Coller Institute of Private Equity’s flagship event. This event uniquely bridges the worlds of leading practitioners and academics and has in the past attracted speakers such as Gillian Tett, David Blitzer, Wilbur Ross, Martin Halusa, Dwight Poler, Sir Michael Rake, Philippe Costeletos, Josh Lerner, Viral Acharya, Steven Kaplan, Antoinette Schoar and Per Strömberg.
In tune with the 2012 Olympic Games in London, our theme for this year is “Private Equity: A Marathon or a Sprint.” The conference will critically examine some key issues affecting the industry and the most effective ways for PE firms to ‘get to the finish line’ in current market conditions.
- Team Talk: Why Stable Teams may not Win – this panel will examine some new research on whether stable teams or flexible teams perform better;
- Banking on Private Equity: New Games and New Competitions – an examination of private equity’s nexus to financial services and the world of shadow banking;
- Getting to the Finish Line – how can PE firms most effectively achieve an exit.
We are very excited to have Lynda Gratton, Professor of Management Practice, London Business School, Alexander Ljungqvist, the Ira Rennert Chair in Finance and Entrepreneurship at NYU Stern and Edmund Truell, Founder, The Pension Corporation as our keynote speakers on the first day of the event, 28th May.
Our panel line up includes Giancarlo Aliberti, Apax Partners, Charlie Bott, BC Partners, Tim Parker, CVC Capital Partners, Marco de Benedetti, Carlyle Group, Tim Flynn, Haymarket Financial, Alan MacKay, Hermes GPE, Karen Simon, JP Morgan, John Empson, KKR, Prof Andrew Scott, London Business School, and Laurent Haziza, Rothschild. Stay tuned for further announcements.
The audience will comprise GPs, LPs, academics and other stakeholders at a senior level. Introduced by the Dean, Sir Andrew Likierman, we will have no press and discussions and debate are held under Chatham House Rule to create an open and safe environment.
This is a personal invitation.
Tickets for the event are available for £390.
Discounts are available for academics and London Business School students and alumni as follows:
Professors and PhD Students Free
London Business School Students £90
London Business School Alumni £190
Spaces are limited so register now to secure your seat.
- LONDON - 6TH PRIVATE EQUITY FINDINGS SYMPOSIUM: THE PRIVATE EQUITY MODEL: STILL FIT FOR PURPOSE?
- 03 June 2013 08:00 - 04 June 2013 18:00
- ISTANBUL - PROFESSOR FRANCESCA CORNELLI SPEAKING AT THE EVCA CONFERENCE IN INSTANBUL
- 27 June 2013 11:30 - 12:30
- MASTERCLASS IN PRIVATE EQUITY
- 30 October 2013 09:00 - 01 November 2013 19:00
Coller Institute Events Gallery
Pictures from different events that have been hosted by the Coller Institute of Private Equity.